What are the largest banks in the world? Here are top 10 biggest banks ranked by total assets and market capitalization. If you are doing a research, looking for a job, or in need of some financial service, this list of the largest banks may help.
1. Citibank was founded in 1812 as the City Bank of New York, now is the consumer banking branch of the financial services giant Citigroup. Citibank is the biggest bank in the World.
2. Bank of America Corporation is an American global financial services company, the second largest bank by market capitalization.
3. HSBC Holdings plc is a global banking and financial services company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. As of 2010 it was the world’s sixth-largest banking and financial services group and eighth-largest company in the world.
4. UBS AG is a Swiss global financial services company headquartered in Basel and Zürich, Switzerland, which provides investment banking, asset management, as well as many other financial services worldwide.
5. Credit Sussie is the second largest bank in Switzerland, providing private banking, investment banking, asset managment along with other services.
6. The Royal Bank of Scotland is one of the retail banking subsidiaries of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc, provides branch banking facilities throughout the British Isles.
7. Deutsche Bank AG is a global financial service company with its headquarters in Frankfurt, Germany. Deutsche Bank is the biggest bank in Germany and among the top 10 biggest banks in the world.
8. BNP Paribas is the largest global banking group in the world, headquartered in Paris with its second global headquarters in London.
9. Bank of Tokyo, headquartered in Tokyo, Japan is the largest bank in Japan as well as in Asia.
10. Barclays PLC is a global financial services company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. As of 2010, it is the world’s 10th-largest banking and financial services group.